Many factors can lead to a flat roof repair, such as a lack of maintenance. If you haven’t done any activities such as roof gutter cleaning or repairs in the last year, it could be a problem.
Roof gutter Cleaning and Maintenance
- Maintain a healthy environment around your roof. This will help keep leaves and debris from entering the gutter channels.
- To determine if the gutters are working properly, check for leaks. Check the fittings for looseness or damage. If you have aluminum gutters, make sure to inspect the roof line for any separation.
- Make sure that your gutters are properly positioned and water flows freely to the downspout. Hangers that are too loose can cause poor drainage and pitch problems. To ensure water moves to the ground, the downspouts must be securely secured.
- Use gutter straps to protect your eaves trough in case of strong winds.
- Immediately remove any mold or mildew.
- Imagine that your roof is flooded with water. Commercial gutter guards can be installed to stop debris from building up in your eavestrough. It will ensure that the drainage cycle runs on time.
Why Maintain Your Flat Roof Gutter?
Standing water and pooling on your roof are not good things. When the situation becomes more severe, it can lead to two problems: water leakage and mosquito breeding grounds. Your roof may begin to sag if the ponding has a significant amount of weight.
If snow or ice accumulates in the gutters during winter, it can cause them to clog. Extra weight can cause gutters to pull away from the roof, causing drainage problems in the future. When the sun shines on the roof, the snow melts and water flows to the gutters. When the sun sets and temperatures cool down, water freezes in the gutters. This creates ice dams. Your drainage system is severely affected by ice dams.
When water spills over the channels, a blocked eaves trough can create hazards. The foundations, walkways, and landscaping are the most affected. This can make sidewalks dangerously slippery and dangerous in winter.
This post was written by a roofing specialist at All Star Roofing. We offer the best roofing in Tampa FL. We are a family-owned and operated roofing business, striving to be the best in our industry. Our family has been in the Tampa Bay area for over 60 years, and our objective has always been to provide roofing services at a fast, reliable, and competitive rate. All Star has a tradition of quality workmanship, servicing residential and commercial properties.